Wednesday, 24 June 2009
ma wee moose
Must be 7 years ago or more, when a baby mouse stumbles into my living room. With its bad (injured?) hind leg, it limps around slowly. I catch it in a box easily. Not sure what I was thinking, but I ended up keeping and nursing him for a week feeding him peanut butter and water. I used long cotton buds to move him around and inspect his health with no risk of disease. I even phoned the SSPCA who must have thought I was a complete idiot (and weren't far off) and asked where I could release him. They said mice can trace their way back up to around 4 miles, so I ended up releasing it at the bottom of our stair. I think the leg improved during its stay at my place. I like to think it survived. Whenever a mouse would come to poo on our kitchen surfaces, I hoped that it was my friend: 't's ma wee moose!!!' (n'asti laughed).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment