Thursday, 22 July 2010

univerity of swansea jackdaws

I was in Swansea recently, visiting the university. When I left to go back to town, it was pouring with rain, so I was waiting for the bus. Just a minute earlier I'd noticed large numbers of jackdaws flying back to a big tree for their evening roost, or possibly for a pre-roosting conference. In small groups, they were landed, in ones and twos and threes, making their sweet metallic chak chak chak calls. When the rain came, some of them found shelter perched on the support wires of a tent like structure on the top of one of the university buildings. All the time they were chatting to each other. They made so much of a racket, that n'asti could hear it when I phoned her up.
















By then the rain had stopped almost completeley. I decided to walk back by the sea to the Hotel. Swansea is in a beautiful setting.

No comments: